Monday, April 11, 2011

April: Training


The picture above indicates God's provision over the past few months! Why? Well... what I neglected to tell you in a previous post is that in order to leave for Scotland by mid-July (to be in Dundee for the start of the new academic year) we had to start some of our cross cultural training (at CIT) in April. But in order to go to this training, we (the Stadalsky's and I), respectively needed to be at 60% support by the end of March. So as you can from this picture, God provided!

I have spent 3 out of the past 4 weeks at CIT. I have learned a lot of things that I will continue to mull over as I transition across the pond! In addition, these weeks have also been very relaxing and a refreshing break from the past few months. I am getting some much needed rest. What a sweet gift. I am also grateful for my teammates! The Stadalky's and I have spent a lot of time together and I am encouraged by how easy it is to relate with them. I am part of their family. Here are some fun pics from our time at CIT!

John Spencer and Sophia make me laugh and think. One of our favorite things to do is nerf gun fight (which actually leads to a round of light saber dueling, karate fighting, "face to face" combat, and b-ball moves).
Sophia is the princess that moderates these activities from her bunk bed (similar to her royal throne here) and tells us when to move on to the next event...in her british accent.

A local ice cream shop.

On a hike in the woods behind CIT.







So what's next? I go back to Boston for the month of May. Please pray for time with family and friends, as I say goodbye. Please also pray for continued support. Right now I'm around 80% monthly support, and I need to be at 100% in order to buy my plane ticket for July. Please pray for the funds to come in! Thanks for lifting me up thus far!


No comments:

Post a Comment